Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tomboy Style




From top: Jean Seberg, Nico in Andy Warhol's studio, Tina Weymouth with Grand Master Flash, and Ali MacGraw in Love Story.

Catching up with the latest Matchbook Mag, I stumbled upon a wonderful Q&A with Lizzie Garrett Mettler, the creator of the blog, TomboyStyle. Where have you been all my life? Lizzie is the link between tomboy and fashion; form and function. Lucky for us all, she's even collected her tomboy icons into a book. My copy is in the mail.

Admittedly, I have always poured over fashion magazines, but recently I'm moving into the Utilitarian stage with my wardrobe. Maybe it's because I have too many adventures planned to be weighed down with anything that can't serve two functions. It's about well made clothing that at least at one time, looked presentable, even if you've since worn it into the ground. In fact, all the better. Clothes are meant to be worn and appreciated for both look and feel. I'm all about borrowing from the boys and doing it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment