Monday, June 11, 2012

Chiang Mai Love




From top: The pattern on a pillow, lovely on a little stool, and in Kristen Bell's house (pre-foreclosure)

Always the early bird when it comes to decorating, I have started to plan for my first apartment. Never mind that I don't actually have a place and I won't be moving in until September, I've already decided it will be a good mix of functional basics with a few pops of color in traditional prints. As I will be working long hours in retail, my bed is of the utmost importance. I'm willing to splurge (breaking my rule of no single piece over $100) for my bed frame and mattress. The linens are the ever practical white cotton so I'm in great need of a pop.

Luckily, I came across Arianna Belle's shop on Etsy. Her patterned pillows are just what the doctor ordered. I opted for a custom cover (as I already had the insert) in the Chiang Mai Aquamarine fabric. I must be late to the party because it was the first time I'd seen Shumacher's lovely Chinese pattern. With almost every color, it ties my West Elm Swiss Dot Euro Shams and my Jonathan Adler Capri Needlepoint Pillow together. I'll be posting pictures as soon as I get moved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment