Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Olé!





Last summer I saw a Spanish Bullfight in Madrid. I have since harbored an obsession with the costumes and colors of the controversial sport. The "Traje de luces" or "suit of lights" is perfectly flamboyant with elaborate beading on both the structured boleros and high waisted leggings. 


The jacket could easily work into a wardrobe of neutral basics. Just think of it as a substitute jean jacket for when you want to face death or the supermarket. Of course, the costume designer in me would love to pair it with knee socks and ballet flats but it would arguably be inappropriate out of the ring. Sigh. Either way, there are great options on Etsy and in vintage stores so I'm keeping my eyes peeled. Next purchase may just be an ever practical fuchsia cape.

No comments:

Post a Comment